Meet Erwin Rose
- Life-long commitment to public service
- Experienced community and political organizer
Thoughtful and tenacious advocate
Erwin has been a leader in community issues and local politics in Montgomery County, MD since he and his family moved to Rosemary Hills in Silver Spring in 2001:
- Democratic Precinct Chair for Lyttonsville, Rosemary Hills, and part of Rock Creek Forest in Silver Spring, MD (Legislative District 18, Precinct 13-16).
- Secretary of the Legislative District 18 Democratic Caucus.
- Former member of Silver Spring Citizens Advisory Board, appointed by the County Executive, elected Parliamentary Vice Chair.
Erwin is a union member with past experience ranging from community organizing in the Bronx to international climate change negotiation:
- Member, American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO.
- US delegate to the historic UN climate conference in Paris in 2015.
- Managed an annual budget of $800 million for President Obama's Global Climate Change Initiative.
- Chairman of the Board of the American International School in Israel.
- Chief of Staff to NY State Senator Franz Leichter.
- Tenant organizer for the Northwest Bronx Community & Clergy Coalition.
- MA, Education, Columbia University; LLM, Energy Law & Policy, University of Dundee (Scotland); BA, English and History, University of Pennsylvania.